Janice McKinley

Janice McKinley

Janice is a co-opted and our SEND Link governor. She has had a career in local authority with responsibility for special educational needs provision.

“Hello, my name is Janice McKinley. I became a governor at Coop Academy Beckfield in February this year. I am on the Teaching and Learning Sub Committee with a link role of SEND.  My career has focused on Disability awareness, SEN and I am passionate about inclusion.

I have 2 married daughters and cared for my brain injured husband for many years.

I enjoy travelling, walking and reading. This summer I travelled to the central desert in Australia and walked around Uluru!

I have worked in SEN and early years education for Bradford Council as a Portage home visitor, trainer, Area SENCO and as the Portage Coordinator for the last 12 years. I loved my job particularly seeing the progress children with additional needs can make when the environment and curriculum is differentiated to meet their needs. I retired in July feeling sad to leave my team but happy to start new adventures!

I am looking forward to working together with everyone at Co-op Academy Beckfield”

Full Name Janice McKinley
Date Appointment 13/03/18
Category of Governor Community
Appointed by Appointed by the Academy Governing Council
Sub-committees  None
Declarations of Interest None
Attendance at Local Governing Body Meetings in 2020/21 3/3
Attendance at Sub-committee Meetings in 2020/21 N/A
Date of Resignation N/A